Thursday 7 August 2014

DID YOU JUST SAY "RAIN"?

   for Prologue, click here:
 http://willofthewords.blogspot.in/2014/08/did-you-just-say-rain.html


PASS ME THE TOWEL, PLEASE
                              For most of my childhood days.. I was under the impression that:
 Well yeah, who does not like rainy days? It is so tranquil and just takes all your sorrows, your woes, your stress away, just by looking at it... (it gives you holidays as well  if it rains heavily, if you are a school going kiddo that is..) 
Generally, when it rains after a long time, the aroma of the soil rises to free itself in the arms of air surrounding it, luring us to follow its scent, wherever it goes...
You can also sense the joy and  the pleasure with which the plants, trees and other little animals procrastinate their day off, enjoying their hearts out.
When it used to rain, in my childhood days I remember, i used to sit close to the window and see the two drops rolling down, thinking that there was a race between them..Ah, those days..
hmm.
uh...




Wait...what?? Am I being serious here!? Of  course not!

How rains actually are now is somewhat like :
It wasn't very long before I realised that Rain sucks at times. 
"It rains on the one who deserves the sun the most." (well said..)

It always rains when you are about to go to, or leave from a place. This ALWAYS happens, mind you.
Rain... It doesn't look like, but does have a wicked brain. Just when I am about to be late to college, it starts to rain. And, when I stop, put my raincoat on, and get set for the departure, IT STOPS. (damn irritating..if you've experienced it..)

Wear a raincoat. Why? To get wet while taking it off... It so always happens, whenever you are about to take your raincoat off, and maybe put it back in your bike's storage, It Starts. What? A Torrential Downpour.
The great singer, Bob Marley once said, "Some people feel the rain, while others just get wet."
.
.
.
I tried to feel it... great. Now i just can't stop sneezing.
(no offense.)

If you do really want to get the gist of how "evil" the rain is, RIDE A BIKE  WHEN ITS HEAVILY RAINING AT NIGHT.
If you are travelling at about 40 kmph, you'll feel it.
if at 50 kmph, you'll be confronting it.
If at 60+, you are fighting it. (yeah, you'll lose in 5-6secs and return to 20kmph.)
THE RAIN defies you with strong gusts of wind blowing every now and then... thats about time you stop for shelter, if you're weak hearted. But, if you are as brave as I am, its about time for you take shelter as well.

The strong gusts of wind not only help in making you quiver and lose balance, but also burst the pimples on your face with the needle sharp rain drops., (if any :P)

And thats when we wait in a nearby bus stop or a building, waving a white flag, grumpily... 
You lost, the rain won... the same case...same result. 

Based on what I feel, when you see it drizzling, or just raining in a drop by drop, if  you think you can still travel in the rain without any trouble whatsoever, thats when the rain god senses your dis-respect(lol)  towards him and makes it rain harder on you! :P so if you want to go somewhere and it is drizzling, say to yourself, "whoa! heavy rain!" (sarcasm intended)... try and tell me if it works or makes  the rain worse! :P

"THE RAIN..HOWEVER CRUEL IT MAY SEEM AT TIMES,  IS BUT A PART OF OUR LIVES...IT MAKES OUR LIFE MORE INTERESTING....GIVING GREAT EXPERIENCES, YEAR AFTER YEAR. YOU MAY YET, BE HATING OR CURSING THE RAINS BUT, ITS BROAD MINDSET AND THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT IS THERE FOR YOU, WILL NEVER CEASE...."
                                                                           -SUSHANT KULKARNI :)

Okay! thats it for now guys... hope you enjoyed this little wet article.. keep tuning in for more such adventures, and? KEEP READING WRITERS' RETREAT! 


                             EPILOGUE
I text messaged  Ashutosh (co-author), "Dude, I am leaving. I'll be reaching at your apartment at 3:20pm."

"Roger." he replied. (we usually use military language on text messages :P)

I took my trusty-good-old bike and set off. The weather was overcast and it seemed to rain any moment. I decided not to wear my raincoat and was off...

Just when i reached his apartment, and parked my bike in the parking lot, IT STARTED RAINING HEAVILY! I ws just safe, not even a single drop wet! :)

Ash arrived to the spot, wearing his "Sherlock Holmes" raincoat (hahaha...he made that up!) and took his bike out.


                               I said to him.. "Rain is not that bad anyway you see!"  









No comments:

Post a Comment