Saturday 30 April 2016






TEARS OF HAPPINESS







I know I’m happy, but I don’t know why,

there are tears in my eyes when i want to smile.

My heart beat has risen and it just won’t drop.

I don’t want to cry but these tears won’t stop.



There is nothing in this world that does scare

As much as the thought of you not being there.

I can’t control this thought no matter how much I try.

Sends chills up my spine but doesn’t make me cry.



When I think about all the arguments we’ve had,

I know I’ve been harsh but it wasn’t that bad.

Thinking we might fight does light a fear,

but I know we’ll be fine so I don’t shed a tear.



Sometimes I think about the lies I’ve told.

The weight on my heart increases tenfold.

I know though, there is nothing that I’ve tried to foist,

So I don’t cry even though my eyes are moist.



And then I think about us being together.

Living happily in our nest full of feathers.

I have your face right in front of me.

It’s blurred though as these tears won’t let me see.



The happiness fills me so much, it leaks through my eyes

Like small raindrops falling from the skies.

My heart beat has risen and it just won’t drop.

I don’t want to cry but these tears won’t stop.



                             -Neel Jitendra Sattigiri

No comments:

Post a Comment