Saturday 18 July 2015

On Poems


On Poems


Hello, everyone.
This is my first blog post -- ever. It's nice to meet you all. My name is Akash Gaonkar, and I am an aspiring poet / CS student. Here's a poem I wrote, once upon a time. I hope you guys enjoy it.

The Author Wrote the Poem Right
Akash Gaonkar


Are walking on the beach.
Dignified are all their airs,
And airy is their speech.
“Come with us-- the things you’ll learn...”
They surely will beseech,
But be careful little oysters,
They are not as they preach.


Improve each shining hour”,
But as we seek the poem’s milk,
We watch its wine go sour.
Ours is not to care.
“[Ours is] but to do and die.”
Our ignorance declare.


Be free, let go, take a chance,
You’ll find yourself quite freed.
Don’t follow all those stupid rules,
They aren’t what you need.
Don’t be chained to narrow tricks,
Be open when you read.
The author wrote the poem right,
So let the poem lead.






2 comments:

  1. I should say its a nice work! Some of the lines taken from various poems do fit in well! I hope we can hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete